Wednesday, March 14

new teachers

"I'm so happy," the computer teacher kept saying after he finished his class today. "I can see," was my response to watching him jump around the room in joy. And then we all broke into complete laughter.

What a change from last Friday when the director was so discouraging and my teachers left with sad faces. Today was their first class. For both of them it was their first time teaching. And both of them did a wonderful job. I am so proud.

On our way to the school we stopped for coffee and were talking. The teachers (two of my university students) were talking about how they were excited about this opportunity and how it was great to work together. And these are not just words, they are encouraging each other and helping each other already. They are using the strengths each one has to help the other. In this society that is traditionally so individualistic these were wonderful words to hear. Its great to see that the young generation here is ready to change things. They can see the problems they face and they are working to counteract them. Its a slow process, and it will take a lot of time, but its a wonderful start.

Tonight I am very tired, but I am happy. Today was a good day.

No comments: