Wednesday, March 21

a long day

Overall I had a very good day....it was busy and long, but good. This morning I woke up early (7:30am is very early for me), got ready, talked to a couple friends online, and headed outside to meet the two teachers for the clubs in the village. Next, one hour driving in the car, with a short coffee break in the middle. When I asked if the teachers wanted to get to the school early they said no....so we stopped for coffee (really a must in this culture. I need to remember to plan that into the drive for the future.) The clubs (English and computer) went well and the teachers did a great job. More students were there this week, and others have started hearing about our clubs and wanting to know what is going on. Its starting to get exciting. I love starting up new work.

After stopping for lunch on the way home, we arrived back in the city with about an hour to spare before I had to teach at the university. So I met a friend and we sat on a bench near the university and talked. My class went well today. I think I am back in the swing of teaching again and enjoying it. Its nice to enjoy class again. (Although right now I should be preparing tomorrow's lesson and I am not.)

After class we had game night. There were 8 students there tonight, which doesn't seem like much anymore. Before, that would be considered a lot. We played UNO for awhile and laughed a lot. These students are crazy, but its fun. Later I went out for coffee with a friend....which ended up actually being dinner not coffee.

Now its almost midnight and I should finish my lesson for tomorrow and go to sleep. I am happy that I don't have to wake up early tomorrow...first time this week. Sleep...such a wonderful word.

No comments: