Thursday, March 1

extra curricular activies

Today I have a meeting about a new project I am helping to start up in conjunction with another organization. We will be starting some extra-curricular activities (English and Computer clubs) in the high school of a small town here. The concept of extra curricular activities is really foreign here, and hopefully this will be a start to something good. We have hopes that this will spread to other towns, and will be able to be reproduced easily. Initially the clubs will be more like an extra course (which is common here) but I hope that I can help transform them into something more fun and interesting.

The planning of this project has been going on for a long time, and I am ready for some action. I believe this meeting will finally get us somewhere. So far we have hired teachers for the clubs and have selected students to be in the clubs. Now on to the details about how it will all work out.

No comments: