Friday, March 9

learning through challenges

Today was a day of encouraging and learning. I am tired and have to wake up early tomorrow morning, so I will spare you all the details. Just to say, the director of the school we went to today did not agree with our selection of teachers (because we didn't choose his candidates) and terribly insulted them and their competence. I was blown away by how rude this man was today. For the sake of the high school students we are continuing with this project, but with much hesitation. We threatened to withdraw the project from this school, and in the end the director agreed to cooperate with the teachers we selected. The whole drive home consisted of me encouraging the two university students I selected to be teachers, trying to instill confidence in them again. I was impressed with their good attitude about the whole situation.

Tomorrow I am off to my friend's house in a village. Her brother is getting engaged tomorrow. This means, party time...or something like that. I am actually not quite sure what to expect. I know that it will be a very long day. I am glad I practiced my traditional dancing last week (although not on purpose for this occasion.) I am interested to see what happens as I have not been to an engagement party before.

No comments: