Monday, February 12

winter?


It is interesting how sometimes I will remember to write on here every day, and then sometimes I go a whole week and forget I even have a blog. I can not even say that my week was very busy. I think partly its because I now have a person, my roommate, who I can share my random thoughts with (even though doing this makes her think I am crazy), and before I sometimes used this blog as an outlet to my random thoughts.

So the weather here has been wonderful the last couple days. I don't know what happened to winter, but it forgot to come here. Now although I am enjoying the fact that I don't have to wear long underwear every day and freeze when walking anywhere, it is not good for the land here. The winter crops are not able to grow, some crops are beginning to bud that aren't supposed to, and we will surely not have water in the summer. Ok, I am just praying that we at least get more precipitation in one form or another. I do like having water in the summer. I already don't have it at night....so I fear what is to come in the summer.

My roommate started her conversation classes today. She did a great job and the students enjoyed it. It was strange for me to sit in the back of the class and stay quiet, but I enjoyed listening to the students without having to think what to say next. This way I could purely just watch the students interact with each other and the teacher. It was interesting and good.

No comments: