Monday, February 26

Oscars

Its 3:20am and I am sitting in my living room watching the Oscar Awards...and I am not sure why. Did I always watch them when I was in America, no... maybe, but for sure it wasn't a must.

Yea, Little Miss Sunshine just got its first award. I really liked that film...thanks to my brother for showing it to me. I hope maybe now they will have it for sale here. I want to watch it again, but have not been able to find it.

It is strange that the local tv channel here isn't playing commercials during the scheduled commercial breaks, so we just keep hearing music and seeing the Oscar statue. Not very exciting.
I wish it could go faster because of no commercials, but then it wouldn't be live.

But to continue with my thoughts about why I am watching the Oscars...its because I can. And because I miss so much of American pop-culture I feel this helps me catch up a bit. While reading the list of nominated movies, I realized I have not heard of most of them, and those only because I saw a few movies when I was just home for Christmas. But now I have a list of new movies to look for and watch. I predict a few movie nights on the projector in the near future.

Okay, well I am going to be productive and get ready for bed during the boring non-commercial commercial breaks. And a random positive note...the water came back on already. That was a nice surprise. I was upset when I realized I didn't wash my face before it went out earlier....and now its already back on.

No comments: