Sunday, February 4

Recipe

So awhile ago I talked about making this wonderful chicken poppyseed casserole....I think its time to make it again too. A few people had asked me for the recipe. I don't actually use a recipe, but I just tried to write something up for an email recipe exchange, so I thought I would post it on here also. Here you go...I hope it works. The measurements are really just guestimates...I don't like to measure.

Chicken Poppyseed Casserole

Ingredients:

Chicken (4 breasts)
Sour cream (sm container)
Cream of mushroom soup (1 can)
Poppyseeds
Ritz crackers
Butter

Directions:

1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and cook in frying pan.

2. In large bowl combine sour cream, entire can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, poppyseeds (2-4 tbsp), and chicken. Cut some small pieces of butter and place in bottom of 9x12 glass dish. Pour chicken mixture into the glass dish.

3. Crush 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers into crumbs. Add 1/4 c. melted butter and 1 tbsp poppyseeds. Mix together. Spread on top of chicken mixture.

4. Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 30 – 45 minutes.

5. Serve over white rice.

1 comment:

Jan Sears said...

The recipe looks great! I've made something similar without the poppyseeds. Can't wait to try it. I got your exchange email....now I have to start thinking - 2 nights of Sears Family Meals are Pizza and "Chic-fil-A" - plus we always cook the SAME things......Chili, Chicken & Rice and Beef-a-roni! New recipes will be awesome! Jan