Thursday, February 15

still sick

I thought I was getting better yesterday...but today I am feeling horrible again. I tried to go out today, but that wore me out. Two long coffee visits and I am wiped out. Maybe I really am getting better, but the fact that I am exerting energy today makes me feel worse. I don't know.
Tomorrow is another slow day...so hopefully I can get some more rest and fully recuperate. But then I start aerobics tomorrow night and start up my village kids club on Saturday. I hope I am ready!

Last night, on Valentines day, I found myself out for coffee with three guys. My roommate was with me, so I wasn't the only girl, but still it was interesting. We had class at 6, and at 6:25 the power went out. That ended class early. So then one of my students invited us out for coffee. He wanted to celebrate with us, as he had just received a new job (for which I interviewed him). Initially we went out with a few other students, but in the end it was my roommate and myself with three guys. One of the guys had just gotten married on Sunday, so he also was celebrating with us. To me it didn't make sense to celebrate with us, on valentine's day, leaving his new wife at home...but many things don't make sense to me here.

As we were walking home I just laughed at my evening out with the guys...on Valentines Day....but then I realized this has become natural for me here. Most of my students are guys, and usually I start out for coffee with some girls and some guys...but in the end its me and the guys.

No comments: