Tuesday, December 26

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Christmas has come and gone...and I have to admit that I enjoy the holiday for the true reason for the holiday more in the Balkans than in America. Don't get me wrong...I love being home and being in America and with my family...but its too commercialized and materialistic here. It seems that Jesus is left out completely....or at least put on the back burner to Santa.

I hope that this Christmas each one of you was able to reflect on the gift of the birth of Christ. I am thankful most of all for the new life that God has given me, through Christ's birth and his sacrifice so that I may have new life filled with joy and love.

Overall I have been having a great time here in the states. Here are a few pictures from my time so far.

I am staying at my brother's new house and loving it. He is a great host. My first night here we had fondue.



Then I went back to my college and met up with my freshman year roommates.



As I was flying back to the states this time, I was thinking about what type of food I wanted to eat. Strangely enough I decided I wanted sushi. So my brother took me to his favorite place.



We also helped my mom's work fill 250 food baskets for the holidays.



And met up with more college friends.



And Christmastime!

No comments: