Monday, December 18

5:30am and my alarm goes off…

Where am I? Do I have to wake up right now? How much longer can I stay in bed? These thoughts quickly roll through my head, and then I realize where I am and that I need to wake up and get ready. A taxi is coming is 30 minutes to pick me up and take me to the airport.

5:50am….I am ready, I go to the kitchen to grab something for breakfast. I glance out the window. Wow, the taxi is already here. I quickly grab a biscuit, wrap it in a napkin and thrown it in my bag, then rush out the door, in case the taxi is impatient and doesn’t wait for me – I am still in the Balkans.

6:00am…in the taxi, hoping the driver will actually take me to the airport. Why did he ask me which way to go? Like I know! Ok, Ok, I recognize the road now, my fears calm down. The driver passes the time by asking me a million questions…I can hardly hear him because the car is so loud….muffler, what’s that?

6:45am…I arrive at the airport, check in, drink coffee. No lines, hardly any people. Wow, this is easy. Many people stare at me as I sit alone in the café drinking coffee, eating my biscuit, and reading my Bible. I enjoy the relaxation and the start to my day.

7:30am…free wireless internet here? Wow, I am amazed. What development in one of the poorest countries in Europe. Meanwhile my computer is plugged into an extension cord which the airport check-in computer is plugged into. Interesting dichotomy of development and lack there of. Enjoy chatting with a friend in the states while I write this blog.

8:15am…take off (we’ll see if this happens on time. I only have a 2 hour layover in Prague, so I hope all goes on schedule.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you really use 'dichotomy' in a sentence and not expect anyone to call you on it?

Can't wait till you get here.

Later,
Todd