Tuesday, April 3

my computer

Tonight I am thankful that my office is in the flat below mine...that is where I am now. Last night my computer officially died...well maybe not officially...but for now its in the hospital. For the past week I have been having problems with my computer. At first I thought it was a virus, so I made sure I was up to date on all my virus protection. That didn't change anything. I got used to the problems (it being really slow and randomly turning off) and kept working. I was busy and had a lot of work to do...so I didn't have time to try to bring it somewhere to be fixed. Then I probably had time, but was used to the problem...so kept using my computer. And then...BOOM! A black screen. Now I am sad I don't have a computer. For the moment its good...already its making me realize how dependent I am on my computer and how much time I spend on it. Yes, a lot of my time spent is working...but do I really need to turn on my computer and check my email the moment I walk in the door? I think this break from my computer will be good. I do hope my dear computer will return to me one day soon....but if it doesn't....well, we'll deal with that when it happens.

Besides my computer, my day was good. I am still slightly frustrated with the work in the minority school in the village...but I am trying to look at it as an adventure. Tomorrow I go back to the village, to the school I like, with the teachers I like. I am excited.

I am also excited that Easter is this week. I am not sure why, but I feel like I am happier than normal for Easter. I have been looking forward to the holiday for awhile now, and its finally almost here. On Sunday all the churches in this area will gather together for a joint service. I am excited to go to that and see the people here celebrating the ressurection of Christ together. Tomorrow night and saturday night we have invited our students to come and watch "The Passion" with us. And Sunday evening I think we will invite some of our friends over for dinner. As its hard to be away from family during the holidays its always fun to celebrate with friends here and share some of our traditions. I can't wait!

No comments: