Wednesday, April 18

spring

The days keep going and nothing really exciting is happening. I am still teaching at the University and supervising the village English and Computer clubs. All are going well, but some days are more interesting than others and some more frustrating than others.

I am saddened by the news about the shooting at Virginia Tech, and do not know how to comprehend what happened. I am drawn to the news and find myself just listening to their stories and feeling compassionate for the loss of these students' lives. My students here are also in shock at the tragedy and at the fact it happened in America. Some people here hold America and Americans up on this high pedestal and think we are all perfect and nothing bad ever happens there.

On a brighter note, the weather here is wonderful (sorry to all those living in New England facing horrible non-spring weather) and its hard for me to stay inside. I just love being outside in the sun, looking at everything green and budding. I love the spring here.

No comments: