Monday, April 9

Happy Easter

In Europe today is a holiday for Easter, so I can again say Happy Easter. I am supposed to teach this afternoon, but since its a holiday and I have no voice, I think I will cancel class and enjoy the day off (which actually means enjoy staying home, correcting exams from last week and writing a new exam for this week.)

Yesterday was a great day. First of all, it is always enjoyable to celebrate the day our Savior rose from the grave. Secondly, I was able to celebrate this with about 500 local believers from all over this country. It was a wonderful feeling to be worshiping our risen Lord with so many people, in the local language. The only problem is that now I can not talk. I am out of my allergy medicine and have had a slight problem with my voice in the evenings lately. But after singing a lot, and talking a lot....I can no longer talk. For the moment it is kind of funny and I am laughing at myself (and others are laughing at me) whenever I open my mouth...but I think I will grow tired of this quickly.

In the afternoon we invited our landlord's family over to decorate Easter eggs. I think they enjoyed the experience, as this is not done here. We were going to have an Easter egg hunt, but we ran out of time.

In the evening I invited some friends over for dinner and we had a lot of fun. I made my normal chicken poppyseed casserole which is always a hit and they all enjoyed it. The night was filled with much laughter, many pictures, lots of dancing and a small water fight. It was good to spend time with friends and just have fun.

Overall yesterday was definitely an Easter I will remember.

No comments: