Sunday, August 5

rain

The rain has finally come...and it can stay as long as it likes. (we'll see how long I am saying that...but for now its really good.) Thanks for the prayers. It actually rained a bit on Thursday (I think) and then again a little yesterday and today. Its raining now and I love the sound...and the joy it brings of the possibility of more water during the day.

My whole summer team is gone as of today. It was a good summer. Lots of things accomplished...research in some mountain areas, girls club, beach outreach, coffee shop outreach, relationships developed, new relationships started, and much more. I am thankful to all that were able to come this summer and give up some of their time to further the work here. You all were greatly appreciated.

So today I was in church and the generator was running (no electricity). We were in the middle of singing, with electricity being used for the overhead projector and the sound system for the music. The lights started to dim, and someone went outside to check the problem. Anyone here who uses a generator knows that probably means its low on gas and about to stop working. Surely enough the generator stopped...but the music continued. We all just kept going as usual. The person leading the music told us the words before we needed to sing them, and all flowed smoothly. Inside I just laughed and thought...only here would this happen so seamlessly.

After church I went home and enjoyed a nice relaxing afternoon by myself. I caught up on some phone calls, finished a book I just started reading, and made banana bread. Now its 10:30 and I think I will call it an early night and hit the sack.

No comments: