Wednesday, August 22

GRE

So I believe I will be starting grad school next fall. I have picked out the school I would like to go to, and now the only problem is that I must start studying. Its no fun. I like being the teacher, not the student. I actually like learning, finding out about new things, but not taking tests. Just the thought of taking this test after not being in school for so many years really frightens me. I used to think I was a smart person, but I sometimes doubt that these days. I have not been challenged mentally, educationally in a long time. Yes, I read books, the news, and random other things, I plan lessons, write recommendations, and supervise other teachers...but I do not study, I do not memorize. I am not good at memorizing. I am not good at vocabulary. My English vocabulary has actually gotten pretty bad after living here for 4 years not often speaking with other native English speakers about intellectual topics that may broaden my vocabulary.

Well I just printed off two test prep booklets. I will start with the Math section first, thats easy. Its concrete and understandable. I am good at math. I just need to remember it. Its been 10 years since I have taken a math course. Fun times lie ahead.

I am off to my friend's village....and maybe I will study there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynn! Blessings on the studying! Hope you get into the school you desire. When you do come back to the states? Hey, I was just wondering if you ever had a chance to do the Beth Moore Fruits of the Spirit Study? I'm thinking I need to ponder the condition of my Fruit! Was it good? I'm praying for you and your club and the new direction you've received lately. Keep me posted. Love, Jan Sears - Atlanta - Kaylee's Mom LOL