Monday, August 27

Peppers and Tomatoes

Thankfully the weather has finally cooled down a bit. There is a nice breeze that is actually refreshing, and the evenings are cool again. Its very good. The only problem, now I don't have an excuse to sit around and not do anything. So today I have cleaned my flat some, baked a cake, and did some work on the computer. Tonight I will go to a friend's house for dinner.


Here are some pictures from my friend's family's garden. This weekend I picked peppers and beans. But no proof because my camera battery died before we started working. The interesting part of the beans...they pick them after they are dried. They look like sugar-snap beans, or some kind of bean like that. And I ate one green...and they taste pretty good...but my friends thought I was crazy when I ate it. They just use the beans inside once they are dried. Maybe next weekend I will get some pictures of the beans. For now here are peppers and tomatoes. I have become very fond of peppers since living here. They cook with them so many different ways. This weekend we even ate them raw, not in a salad, but just chowing down on it like a carrot. It was strange at first, but good.
And these tomatoes are unbelievably good. I can not eat enough of them. Thankfully my mom's friend sent me home this morning with some freshly picked tomatoes and peppers (and onions and eggs too). Yummy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww i remember when the garden was first planted!!! SO cool. those are good pictures!