Friday, November 10

My dear laptop

The bad thing about having a laptop is that it is easy to throw. I tend to want to throw things when I get upset or frustrated. I don't think I often actually throw things (besides paper balls and Reeses), but the desire is often there. Since my laptop is about 4 years old, it doesn't always work very well. This week it has been really bad, for some reason. I don't know how many times I had the desire to just pick it up and throw it. That would solve all its problem, right?

Well, for awhile now my laptop screen has been broken, or actually as I found out today, the hinges are what is broken. I always have to have it leaning on something, which gets slightly annoying. Today I did not have a lot of work to do, so I finally brought my laptop to a computer store nearby. They took the laptop apart...and bad news...they could not fix it. They do not have access to Toshiba parts. They took out one of the hinges that was broken in two pieces, and said the other was stuck (like it was glued). They swore to me that someone else had opened up my laptop and tried to fix the problem before and that a few things were in the wrong place. As much as I can remember, I have never had my laptop fixed before, so no one should have ever taken it apart. Strange. The good news, they put the misplaced pieces back where they are supposed to be, and now my CD/DVD player works better. (It was making a horrible clanking noise every time I attempted to play a DVD. I say attempt, for it got so bad that it would not even play the DVD.)

So for now I still have to lean my computer screen against something, but at least I can play DVDs again - which means I can start having movie nights with the projector again. Very good! And I will try to refrain from throwing the laptop anytime soon....hopefully.

1 comment:

Help said...

and yet sometimes it just feels like the right thing to do. However... I believe that it will not fix anything... well maybe.

jake