Thursday, November 16

God is good

Last Sunday I was stressed with all I had to get done before I left Monday morning. I stayed up until about 2:30am, woke up at 6am, then drove for 4 1/2 hours to a conference. Truthfully I was not looking forward to this conference. I do not know many of the other internationals working in this country, and I do not always enjoy meeting new people. Typically I put on a good act, but its hard. I guess thats really it, I am not a very talkative person, so getting to know new people takes a lot of work.

Thankfully, God took care of me and surprisingly I had a good time at this conference. It was a nice time of fellowship, encouragement, and learning. One interesting part of the conference was that there were people from all over the world there (all who work in this country). It was a blessing to fellowship together with all these people. Two random things I learned during this conference: 1) even though I enjoy traveling, I am horrible at geography - especially when it comes to Africa and South America. (Learned this during the quiz night, but we still did come in second!) 2) I have forgotten the strategy of Spades and currently am a horrible player (but I did have a good comeback even though the second game was cut short!)

(Random venting: ahh, I hate my internet...or maybe just the cable. I was supposed to change my internet connection this week. But the company is not ready to set it up yet. I think I found out tonight that there might be a different problem. I believe there is something wrong with the Ethernet cable that runs from the first floor up to my apartment on the second floor. This cable was recently "built" into the house as it was insulated, painted and tiled, so I can not see it, and can not look to see exactly what the problem is. I know that when I plug in my wireless router to the cable downstairs it works (but I only get a signal once in awhile). When I try to plug in the router upstairs, it doesn't work. I have tried everything. Maybe tomorrow it will be better.)

No comments: