Friday, September 28

student center

So today I signed a grant. It all worked out, I am not quite sure how it came to be, but basically I was handed an idea and a grant to go with it. I will start up a student services center (their name) or what I like to call it, a student training/recourse center. I am kind of excited, although I still don't know all the details.

The problem I had yesterday was opening a bank account under our NGO name. You would think that wouldn't be that difficult....but it was. I went to the bank five times yesterday. Each time asking what I need to do to open an NGO account. Each time they said, you need this, this, and this. I then went back with those things, and they said, oh you also need this. So at 5:30 when I still needed one more piece of information, something I just needed to create I gave up and went home. By the end I was thouroughly frustrated. One of the times I was walking I got caught in the rain, so I was also wet. It wasn't a fun afternoon. I typed up the last piece of information last night and asked my boss to go open the account this morning, as I had meetings outside the city all day. When I called to check if she had been able to open the account, she said, yes, it was so easy. I just laughed. Yes, finally I had gathered all the needed information.

So now I will rest, as I only slept a couple hours last night and had a busy day today.

No comments: