Monday, September 24

my weekend

Anything to procrastinate...right...well I can say after waking up at 6am and working from 7am taking a break at 2 is worthy. But I still have lessons to plan, and I am determined to get a head start on this semester. So I will continue to work later this afternoon, but a nap may come first.

So this weekend was full of fun times. On Friday night I went to a Japanese restaurant and introduced some friends to sushi for the first time. Its only the second time I have been to that restaurant as its a bit pricey and usually my friends aren't willing to try something new. I don't think my Albanian friends really enjoyed the food, but we Americans surely did. Its definitely a place I will have to hit again before my sushi liking roommate leaves.


Then after a sunny day in the village playing with kids my roommate and I headed to an international military base located in my city. I met this American military guy at the airport last month. I was waiting in line with my friend, and this guy started talking to us. This was the first time since I have been here that I have managed to get on a military base, so I was excited, all with the promise of real hamburgers.

Overall it was an interesting night. It was a farewell cookout for 6 guys who were finishing their time here. All the guys there (ok and 4 girls besides us) were from different countries. I really enjoy hanging out and talking with such a mixed group of people like that. We had some good conversations, really good food (real hamburgers with bacon, ham, macaroni salad) and some funny stories to remember. The best part of all (well maybe not best, but a really good thing), we can go on the base again and buy some American goodies I have been missing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahhahahaha...i like your pics from the base. :)

AND...michael and i will eat sushi with you, too.