Saturday, July 28

summer

Wow, time flies when you are having fun....and also when you are crazy busy. Sorry for the lack of updates lately. The busyness of my summer is coming to a close and I am thankful. Half of my sumer team left yesterday and the rest will leave this week. Although it is sad to see them all leave, its nice to have a break and rest.

For about 10 days this month I was at the beach, leading a team of 26. It was a bit overwhelming at times, but a lot of fun for those involved. 15 people came from California, along with some of my summer team from Texas, and a few of my students as translators.


It was interesting leading a team in a city that I had only visited on vacation. Its not where I live, and therefore I didn't know all the details of where everything was and how everything worked.



Thankfully God provided and everything worked smoothly...or close to it. We spent the afternoons on the beach meeting people by playing volleyball and building sand castles.




Then we went out for the evenings. The students from Texas played music at a Cafe every night and we invited people we met during the day to join us there for the evenings.

It was fun to meet Albanians from all over Europe, as they all come to this beach for their vacation.








Once we came back from the beach there was only one week left for part of my summer team, so it was full of final activities with the students here. I think later this month (well really next month) I will go to the beach again, but this time to actually rest and relax.

After next week I will be on my own here again. Anyone want to come and teach English with me? I have had help here since January, and its going to be hard to cover everything on my own again. I know God has a plan for the work here, so I will wait and see what it is.

No comments: