Thursday, November 22

Happy Thanksgiving!

For the first time since I have lived here I am cooking my own Thanksgiving dinner. Its a make-shift Thanksgiving dinner, as I was not prepared ahead of time enough to remember to actually go buy a Turkey in the neighboring country (can't buy them here) before the road was closed due to snow. So I bought the biggest chicken I could find, and I am attempting a big dinner for my friends. I have invited 8 people, but I believe only 5 or 6 will come. It will be interesting.

This morning I woke up early and started baking and getting as much done as I could before the water went off. I made cranberry bread and apple crisp. I had some pie crust dough in my freezer I had made last year, so I attempted to bake it, to use for a chocolate cream pie. Well, its baked, and shrunk a lot, so I am now debating making a make-shift grahm-cracker crust, or just having a chocolate cream pie that has a crust with out sides.

Now off to clean some and then start the rest of the stuff (mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, and corn).

No comments: