Monday, November 12

excellence

Wow, again, as usual, time has passed me by and I have not been motivated to write anything down. Lately I have been pondering living my life with excellence. I think this spurred from reading a friend's website, but I am not quite sure. Needless of where it came from, its been a good topic to ponder, and I believe a much needed one for myself.

Its one thing to do things well, and get all the necessary work done to live and keep my job, but its another thing to do everything with excellence. God expects this of us. I should always want to do everything with excellence, because I am working for God, not man....but its hard. My selfish flesh is still here, and many times its lazy. Many days I just do not feel motivated to do all I should be doing, but just enough to get by. I keep telling myself I need to change, and do better, but I keep failing.

So I try to take things one day at a time...

Now with a little update for you all. Really all is the same. Classes are going very well, and thankfully I even have a lot of girls in my classes this semester. I am excited about this and eager to build on those relationships.

My landlord recently installed central heating in my apartment and I love it! Now that its working all the noise and drilling and men in my apartment working when I just wanted to take a nap were all worth it. Okay I do admit I enjoyed starting my wood stove and sitting there watching the fire, but there is something nice about my whole apartment being warm all the time. Now when I want a fire I can still light my stove and enjoy watching the fire, but not have to worry about starting it every morning to defrost my apartment.

Thats about all for now. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving soon and cooking my own turkey (if I ever find one) and inviting some friends over to share in our American tradition.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm super sad that i'm not going to be there on turkey day. MAN. but it will be GREAT for you!!

ps if i ever want to call you can i just dial your 615 number like normal? ok thanks :)

Unknown said...

Yes, call on that number....and it rings here. Remember 7 hours different (I think.) Love to chat with you.

Anonymous said...

i think it's 8, but cool!!! ok it's 7pm here so i will call you tomorrow...haha!

Anonymous said...

woohoo! thanks for the comment...i've been reading birn and bbc. will totaly YARP!!!! WOOO! YAY FOR YARPING! haha. :) but really...we are all about the yarp.