Friday, September 22

Small World

Again and again I am surprised by how connected we all are in this world, especially in this small country of 2 million people. Yesterday I had a meeting with USAID (US government money for projects around the world). They called me a few days before and said they had heard about a project I had done at a school here and they wanted to know more information and see if I was interested in working together with them for a new project. (Not really working together, but just providing funds for this project, while we do all the work.) During the meeting I explained some past activities we have done here. One of the workers kept saying "Oh I think I have a niece that was in that." "Oh yes, she has helped my nephew a lot." "My daughter was in that program." Now I was describing some different activities we have done over the past couple years, in this city and my previous city. She was the one who connected me to this project, since her daughter had such a good time at the English course we provided at a middle school this summer. It wasn't until I started explaining other things our organization has done that she realized her relatives have also been involved in our activities. It is such a small world.

So now I get to decide if I have time to start, plan, and organize some extra-curricular activities in a few different schools. Have any ideas of some simple after school activities for children grades 1-8 (not necessarily all together)? Anyone want to come an help with this?

No comments: