Friday, July 29

Top 10

Top 10 things I miss from Kosovo

1. My friends - I am blessed to have had such great friends while I was here. I have been able to see many of them. Some just in passing and saying hello on the street and others for long visits over coffee. Its nice to know that even after being gone for 3 years I can still connect, talk, and laugh with my friends from here.

2. Fresh produce - I think I have eaten 3-5 pieces of fruit a day and have had a shope salad as often as I can. What's even better than it being fresh is that its cheap. The other day as we walked back to our flat we realized we needed to grab a couple tomatoes for our sandwiches, so we got three good size tomatoes and one cucumber all for 50 cents.

3. Walking everywhere - Although my feet and calves do not miss this (especially all the hills), I do. Its great to be able to walk everywhere and enjoy the atmosphere and company while walking the streets.

4. Hospitality - The people here are so friendly and hospitable. Its been great to be back in the midst of this all.

5. Everyone knows me - The waiters, the produce man, the guy at the convenience store around the corner from my flat, my neighbors, my friends. Its a good feeling to know that everyone remembers me, even the people I saw often but didn't talk to much.

6. Fanta exotic - I don't drink soda at home much, but I have drank so much fanta exotic here, just because I can't get it at home. Its so good!

7. The mountains - For the first two years here I lived in Peja, at the base of the mountains. They are such beautiful mountains. I have enjoyed spending some of my time here in Peja and in the mountains.

8. Macchiato te madhe (coffee) - I love coffee, and I love going out for coffee. Its great to go out and drink a couple coffees a day here.

9. Akollore (ice cream) - The ice cream here is so good. Its almost like gelato and seems fresh. I think I have eaten ice cream almost every day.

10. The people - Its been great to reconnect with so many friends and even make some new friends.


1 comment:

Klee said...

my mom brought me 4 home.. but sadly i have to share.. 1 for me... 1 for laura, 1 for katie and 1 gor joanna.. i guess i can share the fanta's hahaha
:-)