Friday, December 14

Power

For the past couple days the electricity has been very limited. I just heard that we have it better than others, but still its no fun. The schedule has been 3 hours on, 3 hours off, or 4 on 2 off. But you never know which one it will be…so hard to plan ahead.

Its always at the most inconvenient times that the power goes off.
  • Right as I am about to turn on the hot water to make coffee.
  • As soon as I walk into the bathroom to dry my hair.
  • The exact time I had planned to make dinner.
  • When my favorite TV show is about to start.
  • In the middle of class.
Now usually the power goes out for an hour, and that not bad. You can post-pone any of the above mentioned activities one hour and everything is ok. But when its off for three hours, that puts a bit of a kink in your schedule.

So I have learned to :
  • Put on make-up sitting close to a window (to get some light.)
  • Be thankful for the battery in my computer.
  • Put a cake in the oven 10 minutes past the hour (usually goes off on the hour, so at 10 minutes past the hour, you are 95% sure there will be electricity for at least another 50 minutes.)
  • Put a hat on when my hair is wet and I must go outside.
  • Go without coffee at home.
  • Order take-out when I get really hungry.
  • Be flexible with the schedule I had planned.
  • Play cards by candle light.
  • Enjoy going to bed early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, man. that is rough!