Friday, October 6

Mural update

Yea, I am happy, I got 9 hours of sleep last night. It was so nice to be able to go to bed knowing I could sleep a long time. Although I thought I would get so much accomplished being home this morning it looks like I will have time to update this blog, run to the post office to pick up a package, make and eat lunch, and head out to the mural site. At least I got caught up on some much needed sleep. I believe my tiredness was causing me to be a bit emotional yesterday, and that wasn't a good combination with the guys harassing me. Thankfully after I hid in a corner for awhile and read my bible I had a better attitude and just started joking about my new boyfriend. I will try to find some pictures later, you all will be impressed.

As for an update on the mural, its coming along great. My co-worker took the team out to the site this morning to do some final touch-ups. I will be heading there a bit later with the translators. This afternoon we will have a small dedication ceremony for the mural and then a fun (hopefully) party. The US military band is even coming to play for our party. It should be a good time for all.

The last couple days went very well. The students who helped paint the mural have bonded well with the team and it looks like they are working hard, but also having fun. We also offered some art classes this week to give the rest of the kids hanging around something to do. The first few days of those there was not much interest, then it became chaotic so many people were there, and finally yesterday, the last day of classes, it was down to a nice orderly fashion.

No comments: