Tuesday, October 3

After a busy weekend of kids club and sightseeing its nice to be back to the mural. Now I just need to see if I can find a place to take a nap during the day, since I do not seem to find enough time to sleep at night. Where do the hours go? But I think I remember the not so distant days when I complained I had too much free time. I sure won't do that again.

Really, overall the mural is coming along great. This week we have had warm sun every day. The mural is coming together and starting to look good. Its especially fun to realize that its the local high school students who have done almost all the painting. The team from America has just directed and supervised the mural.

Another fun part about this mural is that I have gotten to know some of the American military here in this country. For the past three years I have been trying to get on to the American base, with no success. Now I have some friends and I think I will be able to get on with no problem - at least until they leave in December...and by then maybe I will make some more military friends. Today I even got some chow hall Mexican food. It was a bit cold and mushy, but still Mexican. And one guy said he would bring me diet Dr. Pepper tomorrow if I would give him some water today - we'll see if he follows through on that one. (Yes I know, I am working hard over here.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are awesome sister! Glad things are going well. Miss you my friend.